Hi everyone!

I have noticed that a lot of home digital-audio equipment that is equipped
with optical inputs or outputs is often fitted with removeable plastic caps
on these Toslink connectors. I have a few reservations about these caps. For
example, if you ran an optical digital link and then had to disconnect that
link for situations such as having one of the devices repaired, you would
have to replace the caps which can easily get lost.

They also present a choking hazard with toddlers if you are in a situation
where you have to leave the equipment unsupervised at a reachable distance
with its back panel showing.

Should I always keep the plugs on the TOSLink connectors whenever I am not
using the connectors or can I not have the plugs on them?

With regards,

Simon Mackay