Simon Mackay wrote:

> Should I always keep the plugs on the TOSLink connectors whenever I am not
> using the connectors or can I not have the plugs on them?

In this situation I would be inclined to remove the dust caps and place a small
piece of black insulation tape (available at most electronics and car
accessories shops) over the holes. You could leave them open without much chance
of anything happening, but if you have a young kid around I would say they are
just as likely to stuff something in the hole (say a piece of choccy cake) and
then you may be contemplating feeding them the dust cap... ;o)

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk