> Good morning all...
>
> I'm wondering what the best way to get a recorded minidisc transferred to a
> regular old cassette would be. I can't seem to locate anything that would
> let me do this digitally (I'm SURE I'm wrong about that). Will I be
        Yes, you're sure about that. Remember, the (Compact?) Cassette is an
ANALOG medium of recording.

stuck
> with a mono recording??

        Mmmm... I don't think so. If you have an stereo deck, connected in
stereo and a stereo recording your result WILL be in stereo.

        If you wanna try (I only have done these once, for a friend... and
result very well :) ) do it exactly if you're copying a CD. Everything
applies for any digital recording media (CD, MD, LaserDisc, DVD, DVD
Audio, MP3 or any another MPEG source, ATRAC3, WMA, WAV, TwinVQ, SACD,
etc.) as the source to transfer to a Casette:

- Use CrO2 or Metal Tape
- The input for the tape must be set around +6 dB (if you want a good
recording)
- Use a Dolby noise reduction system (Dolby B is fine, but if you have a
Dolby S Deck, use it instead of the old B system). A deck with HX-Pro
will make your recording even better.

        The connections are the following:
- From a portable MD: You must use an stereo minijack to an stereo cinch
(RCA) jacks to an amplifier or stereo system.
- If you already have a MD deck and a casette deck (connected in the
same system), I think you'll not need anything else. Just put the MD as
the source and do everything I said before.

If you have any other question, feel free to contact me. Good luck!

        Rodrigo
        Yes, I used cassettes some time ago...
--
Rodrigo Mansilla Jimenez, er Drupi
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]