On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:01:36AM -0400, J. Coon wrote:

> When I was about 17, I could hear the high voltage flyback transformer
> whine in a televison set.  If I remember correctly that is about 18khz,
> and the technical book I was reading at the time said it was inaudible
> to most people, but some with very good hearing would be able to hear
> it.  That was back in the 50's, I haven't listened for the sound
> lately,  and I am not sure if the transistorized ones are as loud as the
> old tube type sets they had back then.

In spite of my better judgement, I will continue this thread anyway.  :-)

I too, when younger, could hear fly-back transformers (they're just
under 16KHz) as well as the ultra-sonic motion sensers in jewelry
stores.  Alas, that was over 30 years ago now and I am no longer
bothered by such sounds. :-(

Bob

--
Bob Willcox                 Don't tell me that worry doesn't do any good.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 I know better. The things I worry about don't