My JA30ES is starting to return dud recordings in the sense that the audio
is broken up regardless of what media I use (be it TDK or Sony). I've got
the service manual, laser power meter and all the other tools on my
workbench, and am about to get stuck into it. But in case it's something a
little more obscure than that, anyone got any ideas what it could be? Is
this a common issue with JA30ES's that have gone through relatively rugged
use? When I say rugged, I refer to more playback than recording (dumping
digitally to PC for post-production work of live recordings and shit).

All help appreciated.

Adios,
LarZ

---------------  TAMA - The Strongest Name in Drums  ---------------