"J. Coon" wrote:

> It wasn't the 5Hz tone I was referring to.  The original post mentioned
> frequencies above 20Khz and used the 5Hz as an example.  Anyone that has
> seen any of the Starwars movies has felt the low freq rumble.

If you play a high frequency sound loud enough you will feel it. I blasted a 30kHz
tone at my brother (much to his annoyance) and he said it felt like someone had
hold of the back of his head and was squeezing it slightly.... and yes I was using
an ultrasonic transducer - I bought one from Maplin to experiment with. I am not
sure of the exact volume of the tone, but it was around 90dB according to the
specifications on the datasheet. Apparently prolonged exposure to intense volume
high frequency sounds can damage your brain - how does this work, or shouldn't I
ask?

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK