From: Keith Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 10:30 AM
Subject: RE:MD: Sony Dropping MD

> Hey I'd think about dropping MD if the cost of solid state media dropped
> below 2UKP per hundred meg instead of circa 60UKP for 50mb.

Check again. The "Memory Price Rocket" as I decided to call it means that
64Mb of RAM now costs a whopping £150!!!!! So much for memory prices falling
rapidly - it's going to take quite a few months for the industry to recover
back to the way it was only last month, I would say it will be well into
2005 at least before solid state storage becomes a viable alternative.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk (under construction)
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]