On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 02:05:09PM +0100, Magic wrote:

> [...]

This reminds me of the persistent RAM (CCD, bubble, flash, etc.) vs. Disk
technology wars in the computer industry.  Since 1978 (at least) there
have been the constant predictions that disk drives would be made
obsolete due to some new RAM technology.  Well, for the last 20 years
that I've been watching its not happened yet.  I believe you'll find
that price has always been the major factor.

I am beginning to doubt that it will ever happen in the computer
industry with disk drives (IBM recently announced a 72GB disk!).  The
audio industry may go the same way.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox                 Don't tell me that worry doesn't do any good.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 I know better. The things I worry about don't