MD Fans,
     I own two of those Sony 510's with the quirky loading mecnanisms.
I had one worked on recently (successfully) and may soon have to bring
in the second one for service.  (Thank God I have repair tech friend who
found a relatively simple solution and charged me very little to do the
job.  He said he'd show me how to do the job myself.  When DOES show me,
I'll send the solution to the list...)   I am new to the list, so
forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered:
Has Sony solved the loading problems in succeeding generations, or do
they, too, exhibit faulty loading mechanisms?

                                 Tom