Kenneth Barsocchini asked,

| When I make a digital recording using a Sony JE-330 everything goes fine.
| When I record a concert CD that is miss-tracked I have to combine or add a
| track mark. Every time I do this I get a 3 second blank space before the
| track I edit. With a live show the songs run together and the silent gap
| messes up the flow of the songs. How do I avoid the gap. When 7you access
| the track directly the gap is not present. It only show up when you play the
| track before it. The gap belongs to the next track. The display reads. track
| 4 -0:03, track 4 -0:02, track 4 -0:01, track 4 -4:00. Is this gap a defect
| of the unit or a menu setting I need to change.

You have Auto-Space turned on.  That feature puts a three-second silence
between each two tracks during playback.  It's designed for use when you
copy an MD to audiocassette and want spaces between tracks on the tape that
you did't have or didn't even want on the MD.

Solution: turn Auto-Space off.

I don't know how the 330 is arranged; on the 500 and 510 you select Auto-
Space, Auto-Pause (between each two tracks played back, the unit pauses
until someone presses PLAY or PAUSE to release it), or neither [which is what
you want] with the left-parenthesis key on the remote (below the 24 key).  On
the 520 you can select the setting with that remote key or through the Setup
menu.  One or the other should work on the 330, I'm sure.