Ryan Shoemaker wrote:
> The SB Live Value that came preinstalled in my Dell is a special OEM
> version.  Look at the top right hand side of the board and you'll see
> a model number stamped on it - mine says "Model CT4780".  The Hoontech
> bracket has an adaptor that you physically plug into the boards AUD_EXT
> connector pins.  The trouble I had is that this specific model of the
> SB Live Value has a capacitor solderered on the board right near the
> AUD_EXT pins that prevents you from completely seating the I/O III
> adaptor.  It also has a newer 40 pin connector than other SB Live Value
> cards that use a 12 pin connector.  I have pictures that I can mail to
> you if you're seriously interested.

My son just got a SB Live Value OEM version.  IT seems that it didn't
have digital I/O capablity.   He said something about the connector for
the CD digital input was missing and it only had the silk screening the
indicated it's position.  He returned it to the local computer store
and  and went to a different one and got the right version of the  SB
live value card.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker