Another series of questions I hope someone can answer: Will the Discam
be able to shoot 16:9 images as well as 4:3 which the Mini DV's can do?
Further, ideally, it would be great to be able to shoot an image which
could later be digitally cropped (within the unit) and printed as an 8
x10 or similar photo size (in fact, any photo size the
photographer/videographer desires and then printed on Sony's photo
printer which accepts the memory stick technology (used in all their
latest model Mini DV camcorders.) or a similar photo printing device?
For that matter, are memory sticks compatible (or hopefully built into a
slot) on the MD Discam? And finally, if the unit does not have a
firewire output/input, could one be adapted through some type of
interface/adapter to the Ethernet port? Lots of questions in these two
posts, but all important to be asking of such a revolutionary product as
the MD Discam. I think the money would be much better spent on this than
Sony's other revolutionary product, the robot dog (AIBO?) which is
mainly revolutionary because it is a consumer prototype of sorts of
future robotic products which will certainly be mind boggling, to say
the least.