[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> * "Martin Schiff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 08 Dec 1999
> | And Sharp portables have a manually adjustable record level control where
> | the Sony portables do not.
>
> Sony portables do have manually adjustable record level controls (at least
> my R30 does).  They are just damnably inconvenient to use, and the record
> level resets itself when discs are exchanged making multi-disc live
> recordings a pain.

But you have to stop/pause the recording if you want to adjust the level. It
can't be done on the fly like on a home-deck or on a Sharp porti....

Cheers,
Ralph -> Every portable is good as long as it is a MD portable!

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE