[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >Beginning of question: who the f**k are Makro?
>
> >MK
>
> They're a bulk/trade supplier (and where small shops like newsagents often
> get their stock from). Basically if you're self-employed, work in the public
> sector, or have a legitimate work-related reason to shop there (say if
> you're the one that buys the office's coffee & tea), you can apply for a
> card which lets you in.
>
> Once you're in, you can buy lots of stuff cheaper than anywhere else,
> especially food (in largeish quanitiies), music, videos, electronics, etc.
> They've got about 20 branches nationwide.
>
> Simon

The same shop exists in the Netherlands.

I remember however that you sometimes had to be carefull, since the price
tags are without VAT. But it's true that a lot of stuff is a lot cheaper.
Mainly due to the bulk packages. (25kg of washing powder at Macro is cheaper
than 5 times 5kg of washing powder in the Albert Hein.)

Cheers,
Ralph -> do they have MD bulk packages?
Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE