> Beginning of question: who the f**k are Makro?

Theres a Makro in Washington [New Town] Tyne & Wear and they
are a large wholesale shop.  I guess many off-licenses and similar
shops get some / all their merchandise there.  They are generally
*very* competetitive compared with high street stores but don't
forget the 17.5% vat on everything.

To buy goods in the store you need a Makro card which theoretically
are only available to businesses.  My father "accquired" a Makro card
through a colleague but subsequently lost it and the means to replace
it in a house move.  But surprise surprise [NOT] upon writing to Makro
saying he was a regular customer and explaining he had lost his card
and proof of being a business owner, they were more than happy to
send a replacement card.  My father is not a retailer but Makro wont
give a damn if they sell more stuff :-)

Makro often give phenomenal deals on certain products in their sales
but you've gotta visit a store to see whats happening.  You will find
literally everything in the store, but note while some are great bargains,
others are average or sometimes a little over-priced.  And remember
the 17.5% vat all the time.

As you say though, the best deal is still Julian Richer's HiSpace discs
at ukp0.79 with the voucher (or possibly even without it if you're nice :)

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -> HiSpace discs are the greatest... cheap, reliable, and
with a lovely (not) looking fruity logo.  But I *listen*, not look at them.