On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Jerry Jelinek wrote:

> When I transfer the track to the computer HD, then burn the CD, when
> you play the audio CD back, there is always a 2 or 3 second
> 'countdown' before the actual track starts playing.  This creates a
> problem when trying to divide a song into multiple tracks.
>
> I seem to recall that someone a month or so ago mentioned that the
> problem was due to the number of samples that are in the track.  If
> the track had an even multiple of some sample size, then there would
> be no 'countdown' when the CD audio is played.
>
> Am I remembering this correctly?  If so, what is the magic sample
> number that I need in order to get smooth 'gapless' CD audio tracks.

umm, i don't know anything about sample size "interfering", but burning
your cd disc-at-once eliminates these gaps. in most progs, it does anyway.
easy cd creator does not - it almost does, but cd architect does
magnificently (as far as i'm concerned, it's the best).

   *
                                                                      ####
a disturbance in a system.                                            ####
laerm. @voicenet.com                                                  ##:#
      if you ever get close to a human/and human behaviour/be ready to get
                   confused/there's definitely no logic/to human behaviour
icq 5562209                                        but yet so irresistible