From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of Jerry Jelinek
Sent:   Wednesday, 12 January 2000 5:05
To:     Minidisc Listserve
Subject:        MD: Gapless CD Audio Track Playback

Sort of an off topic question.  I have been archiving concerts to
MD for 2 years.  I have been trying to put these live concerts on
CD and have experienced the following problem.

When I transfer the track to the computer HD, then burn the CD, when
you play the audio CD back, there is always a 2 or 3 second
'countdown' before the actual track starts playing.  This creates a
problem when trying to divide a song into multiple tracks.

I seem to recall that someone a month or so ago mentioned that the
problem was due to the number of samples that are in the track.  If
the track had an even multiple of some sample size, then there would
be no 'countdown' when the CD audio is played.

Am I remembering this correctly?  If so, what is the magic sample
number that I need in order to get smooth 'gapless' CD audio tracks.