Dave brings up a very good point:  MP3 players are purely tech-toys (at
least at this point).  It's the PalmPilot of music.  I think that it will
succeed as a portable computing device dedicated to music reproduction.
This is quite different than CD or MD, which are portable music devices.

Jon Deutsch
http://midiservices.com
http://midi.com
http://theopinion.com