I think some may be forgettting that MP3 and Cd copying ain't the only thing
people use recorders for.  Some of us use it to record real time events, edit
the results, use it to practice with, show others what a tune sounds like,
repeat certain sections over to "get it right".  Minidisc has it all over MP3,
analog tape, DAT tape, even CD-R and CD-RW don't compare to minidisc.

Tape of any kind is a linear storage media, so random access it out of the
picture with it.  DAT has an index, but still you have to wait for it to fast
forward to search out the section you want to hear, and rewind to repeat it.
With my Minidisc, I can go to the selection instantly, and have it repeat it and
if I have put the track marks in the right place, even the repeat will be
seamless to the listener.

You can't do that  with any other media that I am aware of.
--
Jim Coon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page