Bert Konstantin wrote:

> Ok, compared to the card, 79$ are a lot, but it is cheaper than the Midiman
> Dio 2448 and I think the DIO 2448 is not supported by Linux. Do you know
> another card with digital in/out cheaper than the 4DWave NX including the ST
> DBIII module?

You also need the NX DB II at $24 I believe, which raises the price
of digital-in to $103. I also don't know if the digital-in would be
supported by the ALSA drivers. Did anyone ever try this ?
The Hoontech Digital-XG would be nice, but Yamaha still refuses to
release the specs, so no ALSA drivers. :(

> I have read that the Soundblaster cannot copy bit by bit.

If you're talking about the fixed samplerate of 48 kHz, that's
apparently the case with every AC97 compliant card.

Alexander Dietrich
--
| Alexander Dietrich | Norderstedt, Germany |
| e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |