| I'm finally fed up enough to get my je510 fixed.  It's gotten to the point
| where the disk chatters violently when you eject it.

Don't blame you, Curtis.

| I've heard many horror stories about people bringing their units in to get
| fixed, only to have the thing start acting up again in a few months.  Does
| anyone know if the repair shops know how to fix this problem permanently
| now?  I have a Best Buy extended warranty an am tempted to demand a
| different model unless someone has had a good experience getting a unit
| repaired.

Sorry, can't say my experiences have been otherwise.  My first 510 has had
the turn-on bug several times, has had the protected bug, has made the
insertion and ejection noises, has wiped TOCs out entirely for minor updates,
and has trapped a disc inside.  We applied the Bradley/Redifer fix for the
turn-on bug, and it aggravated the protected bug, plus the turn-on bug
returned after about a year (formal repairs had kept it at bay for only about
two months at a time).  Best Buy just lemoned it out for its fourth visit,
and I have to get over there to use my credit toward other merchandise.  My
second 510 had the turn-on bug twice, and on the second occurrence Wards
accelerated the lemon clause and let me trade it in on a 520.

The North American 510 was a disaster.