Curtis Mathews wrote:

> I'm finally fed up enough to get my je510 fixed.  It's gotten to the point
> where the disk chatters violently when you eject it.
>
> I've heard many horror stories about people bringing their units in to get
> fixed, only to have the thing start acting up again in a few months.

Month, you lucky dog, you.  mine lasted about two hours and CC kept if for
about 6 weeks each time I took it in.  Seems like they had it more than I
did.  :(

>  have a Best Buy extended warranty an am tempted to demand a
> different model unless someone has had a good experience getting a unit
> repaired.

You do have to follow their procedures and let them try.  You may get lucky.
If you have the extended  warranty, don't hesitate to take it in.  if they
have it too long, start bugging them to either get it back to you, give you a
loaner, or replace it with a current model.