> Right, S/PDIF carries track number information along with the digital
> audio. When an MD deck senses a change in track number, it marks a new
> track. I don't know of any way of making track marks when digitally
> recording from a PC, but I'm forwarding your note to the MD mailing
> list in the hope that someone there can help.

Your best bet is to rely on the autotrackmark function of your deck. You do
not mention what you are recording. If you are playing MP3s, you can use
the Soritong MP3 player (http://www.sorinara.com/) or the Winamp pause
plugin (http://students.washington.edu/llin/toslink.html, scroll to the
bottom). A pause of 2-3 seconds will make most portable units start a new
track. Not sure about decks, though....