From: Martin Schiff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2000 4:41 AM
Subject: RE: MD: Problem with snake invasion....

> Could it be that the mike is not getting enough power?

The mic runs of a single AA cell, which I replaced before we started.

> When my battery gets
> low in my battery box with my AT853 mikes, there is a lot of hiss. When I
> replace the battery, they are very quiet. Is the mike plugged into the
mike
> input of your R55, or is it coming from a mixer?

It's going through a basic converter box that changes the 3.5mm miniplug
into two 6.35mmm mono jacks and these are going into a mixer which feeds DAT
and MD. I've not had a problem with mixer hiss with ths mixer before, but
then I've never recorded anything this quiet before either......

> Other than that, you may
> need a different mike.
>
> -- Martin

I'll try a different mixer or try without one altogether, but I think you
may be right - I need to try to borrow a much better mic... or better still
a few...

Thanks

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]