Matt White wrote:

    > Okay, then here's the technical reason:  CDs are sampled at an
    > insufficient rate to ensure proper reproduction.  CDs are
    > sampled at 44.1kHz, which gives a maximum frequency of 20kHz.

The original argument was about what constitutes "analog warmth". I don't
think vinyl cutting machines have any response above 20 kHz, so any content
above this frequency will be distortion.

    > Significant portions of the populace can actually audibly detect
frequencies
    > up to 25kHz. It is unknown what subconcious effect the missing
    > frequencies might have on those who do not detect those frequencies
explicitly.

I'd be interested to know how big "Significant" is, and point out that
unknown effects might just as easily feel worse rather than better.

simon