I was under the impression JVC (Japanese Victor Corporation) was more
closely affiliated with RCA (Royal? Victor Corporation). I think the guy
at Radio Shack is in error. Can anyone verify this? JVC is supposed to
be releasing a 61 inch HDTV based on the D-ILA? technology. I've read
reports that this is better and worse than RPTV technology. I thought
about returning my Panasonic 56 inch HDTV but decided against it because
no one could give me a definitive answer/opinion and the 56 inch
Panasonic is an awesome set, the only HDTV on the market besides the 30
inch Princeton Graphics monitor that will output true 720p. If JVC is
affiliated with Panasonic, then Panasonic would probably eventually
market their own version of that TV. But I don't think they are,
although it certainly sounds as if the share quite a few technologies,
especially in MiniDisc.