From: Ralph Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: MD: Micro keyboard for titling

> I'm not sure... Not all of the portable's functions are
'remote-controllable'.
> Note also that some of the manufacturers like to change the protocol for
the
> remote from model to model. Giving a wide range of different types of
remotes!

The only function I can't get to work is
"Display" - this seems to be linked to timing signals on the LCD display
rather than just a resistor ladder affair. The MD registers the pressing if
DISPLAY becase it works when titling, but ignores it when trying to display
remaining time etc. unless I use the Sony remote.

"End Search" - It's there somewhere but I don't know where.

"Record" functions differently in that it goes into Record-Pause when
selected via the remote interface rather than straight record, IMHO this is
better anyway!

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]