Jim,
        First off, thanks for the advice...

        My card is coming out of a relatively new gateway with an SBLive!
card, and the reason I don't know much about it is because it isn't mine,
I can't seem to find any other info on it in the device manager, I don't
know what is actually coming out the back.  I'm staying with friends and
unfortunately I don't have any CD devices with me that have optical out.
If I can get one from this computer, then I can make disks.  I wouldn't
mind I suppose getting some type of adaptor, but only if it is something
that would be useful in the future.
        Do you know if one of the outputs is S/PDIF and might work with a
converter, or any other outboard solution?  I guess the bottom line is if
I can find a way to do this that is cheaper than going out and buying some
boombox, that's great.  Since I'm only staying in my current place for a
few months, I'm not really looking to buy a card for someone else's
computer.  Worst case situation, I'll just have to wait until I can make
more MD's...  :(
        Thanks again...

        -=James

James Caran
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Current Res: 3242 Garfield Avenue, Alameda CA 94501
Phone: (510)523-6345
Cell: (510)823-6367
Web Crew, http://www.hyannissound.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]