> A couple of times, people have mentioned making compilations of their
> favourite tracks. For me this would be a nightmare. Does anyone else have
> this problem, or a strategy to avoid it ?

Yes, Simon - I know what you mean.

I have over 1250 CDs and - despite what everyone thinks - I do listen to all of
them and I *still* feel like I've heard it all *so* many times.

As for my MD compilations, I love them.  That is why I invested in MD to begin
with.  I had no delusions about MD becoming the standard.  But for personal
compilations for parties, working out, etc., it's the best!

As of right now, I only have about 10 or 12 MD compilations made.  Finding time to
make them is the issue as I am insanely particular about labelling each track
(song title, mix title, artist, etc.) and having the recording level perfect.
Actually, what I tire of is listening to the same songs grouped together, so I
always put the player on random.  Ideally, I will one day buy an MD changer and be
able to really shuffle all the tracks up.

I do understand your dilemma.  My MDs have become more diverse and less genred.
My last MD had tracks ranging from the Pet Shop Boys to Gioia Bruno to Connie
Francis to Mel C. to Big Mama Thornton to Moby to Sarah Brightman and so on.  This
type of "shocking diversity" per MD might help.

Look at it this way, if you bore of all your favourite/overplayed tracks, it gives
you a good excuse to re-examine some of those other singles and album tracks you
paid no attention to before.  You just might find some "new" gems.

Yours,
Richard in Atlanta

--

I need a job!

http://www.Headhunter.net/resumestv/0r/r07kt1mk71jwwj660r.htm?ShowRes

http://classifieds.excite.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P1+C187+R1275664

http://homepages.tesco.net/~xwizard/richard/

http://www.gaydar.co.uk/dbunny

http://profiles.yahoo.com/richard_of_atlanta

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Castro/3420/

ICQ #: 56224965   -*-   Instant Messenger: bunnyphat