I use:
Plextor 820 CD-R
Turtlebeach Fiji
Soundforge for dynamics processing (i.e. Volume, compression, expansion,
hard/soft limiting, etc.)
Cooledit Pro for EQ'ing (30 band graphic EQ certainly does the trick!!!!)
Verbatim Blue CD-R's (best compatibility, in my experience, with audio CD
players)
CDRwin CD Writing Software
CD Wave Track Splitting program (works in conjunction with CDRwin ... loads
up the single wav file, and splits tracks without inserting gaps - it's live
shit after all!)

In case you're wondering how I get my live MD's transported to the PC ...
digital connection (optical out from the JA30ES) to my Turtlebeach Fiji
(co-axial input - using homemade TOSlink -> coax converter).

And yes, Plextor CD-R drives for true reliability and the best data
integrity by far. SCSI all the way ... no EIDE as you will suffer from a lot
of buffer underruns if you decide to do other stuff while burning!

And no, the more expensive "audio" CD-R's are specifically made for those
standalone consumer recorders, not the PC type burners. So don't bother with
those. No advantage, waste of money, useless to your burner.

Adios,
LarZ

---------------  TAMA - The Strongest Name in Drums  ---------------