The only Hi Space disc I have is the one that came with my Sony R70 from
PlanetMinidisc. In the past, I've always used Sony. When I opened it up, the
shutter was open, exposing the disc. Gently pushing on it got it to close. I
tried recording on it and it recorded for about 45 minutes and then my
recorder suddenly stopped recording and flashed "TOC Edit." Hitting stop,
etc. did nothing. I had to unplug the unit and remove the battery. Then, of
course, the TOC was no good so it thought the disc was still blank. The
second time I tried recording on it, it suddently stopped and did "TOC Edit"
and then went to "DISC ERR." Have never had such a problem with the Sonys.

Obviously an isolated incident is a poor basis for judging the brand, but
it certainly didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

sean

--
Sean Harding [EMAIL PROTECTED]        |"America is a country filled
http://www.dogcow.org/sean/             | with people who have run away."