> Is it possible to scientifically measure the difference in sound quality
> between a CD and an MD? All these claims made by "golden" ears who can
> hear the difference between a CD and an MD may be purely subjective to
> personal tastes.

That's exactly the point. Of course you can *measure* a difference between
CD an minidisc, because minidisc audio is compressed an CD audio is not.
But most of the people cannot *hear* that measurable difference, because
that's what psychoacoustic coding is all about - to compress audio in a way we
can't hear. And, in my opinion (and that's all I need to know), ATRAC has done
it's job exceptionally well.

Regards,

Enno

--