Shawn Lin wrote:

I have been told the opposite by several alleged Nakamichi Dragon owners
that said their cheap MDS-JE510 decks sounded better.

Go figure.

Shawn

I really find it impossible that any cassette deck, no matter how expensive
could sound as good as a decent MD recorder.

What do the people who claim that there tape decks "sound better" really
mean??  There is a big difference between the faithful reproduction of audio
and they way something sounds.  Many people still prefer the sound of vinyl
to CD.  From a technical stand point, vinyl can never come close to the
fidelity of a CD.

But how something sounds is a subjective matter.  For example, think of all
of the different brands of the same food.  Most people prefer one over the
others.  That doesn't mean it tastes better.  It is an individual subjective
human observation.

Regards,
Larry