> Jim, Frank Bishop was transfered to Japan (kind of like Nick Boyd,
> except Frank's job took him back and forth from Japan and Calif.

I guess that Frank had never really seen a minidisc recorder until he
got to Japan.  He fell in love with the Denon R70 (Sharp MS 200 Clone).
>From there he developed the idea that there was a market for these in
the US.  Little by little his business grew.

When it became to large for him to handle alone (don't forget he still
had a "real" job also), he hired someone to help ship and a sales person
who actually had quite a bit of experience with MD.

Probably the main reason that his business failed is that we was one of
the early e commerce businesses.  These pioneers believed that you could
run a business with no capital investment at all.  I'm told that one of
the major reasons for the failure of any business is being under
capitalized.

The big boys on the web like Amazon had the capital to back them up.  In
spite of the fact that they were losing money, they were able to keep
going because they had a lot of cash.

Take care Jim,
Larry