Roger wrote:

> you), but the recordings aren't the best.  I wish there was a way to get
> better recordings without having to get so close, maybe a better mic...?
> Or something that adjusts the levels, anybody else wanna help?

I suspect that the recordings are crap because you are getting too close
to the speaker.  That has been my experiance anyway.  If I get too close
to the speaker, it hurts my ears and it make the MD clip, even on the
low sensitivity setting.  Try moving away to a quieter place.  The SOny
R55 will adjust the levels and the MD has a large dynamic range. So, it
is better to record too low and have a usable recording, than to record
too loud and have garbage because the signal is clipped and distorted.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways