this is a cool little item indeed.  i however will use a sound card with a
toslink out on it, but that's not why i'm replying.  I saw this last msg and
it said

> Voquette.com has already developed such a USB to S/PDIF interface (it s in
Beta)
> Their Voquette Media Manager (VMM) software controls it.
> It can record MP3 onto the MD as well as ripping CDs and capturing
streaming audio (Real Audio, WMA, etc) and record it onto the MD.
> >> It opens new track for each title.

anyway what got me is the refering to saving "real audio" files to your md.
ummm dumb question but why would you wanna do that?  I'm basically curious
as to why anyone would want to do this as the quality would be basically
horid..