md-l-mimedigest wrote:
> Subject: Re: MD: microphone
> Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:55:02 -0400
> From: "J. Coon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I would recommend http://www.soundprofessionals.com  Possibly Kheops
> might have something too.  If you want to try your  hand at building one
> for about $10 US you ca try this one
> http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone

I have followed the gist of the above and bought two microphone inserts
and a right angle plug from the UK based Maplin Radio. I used the cable
from a broken pair of headphones to connect from the inserts into the
plug - soldering wasn't too difficult once I'd stuck the insert into a
lump of bluetack to hold it. The result looks a bit amateurish but works
well. Only snag is that one insert has less gain (or the Sharp MD-MT16
has a weaker channel) - will buy another insert to establish which.
Proper microphones in the UK seem (to me anyway) to be a bit sparse. Any
UK based people advise me otherwise?

Am most impressed with the Sharp which has worked very well out in the
field. I also have a Sony MDS-JE330 to record from the radio etc. to
make up MDs for the Sharp.

Roger