Sean Buckingham wrote:

> > I'm thinking it's cause I'm using a stereo
> > plug into a mono input and something
> > isn't grounded right- but I just don't know.
>
> If the input on the card is mono, have you tried sending it a mono signal
> from a mono source, using a mono jack? (errrr..sorry)

The input on the 4-track is mono. All the outputs on the computer are stereo.

I'm using a stereo cable. I think Matthew Wall nailed it on the head when he
said it wasn't grounded. I'm probably gonna blow $200 on Sound Blaster Live
and a nice patch bay.

> Ohh. One general thing.. Can People PLEEEEASE say what models of whatever
> product they are using when they report a problem.

Tascam 564 4-track.

joe.
--
*  http://www.erols.com/emoposer