* Simon Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Mon, 05 Jun 2000
| What, one is classical and the other not ?

No, one is just "better".  ATRAC 4 is what is in consumer grade MD
equipment, 4.5 is in Sony's "home studio" grade equipment.  What is in pro
studio mastering equipment is quite possibly something entirely different.
I see no reason why a pro mastering deck couldn't have a toggle or dial or
something, but I do not know if any actually do.

IOW, yes it can be done, no I do not know if anyone has done it.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and