Hello!
   I have wanted to purchase a portable recording unit for a VERY long time
now, but there's just one thing holding me back at this point: I need some
info.
   This may seem like a ridiculous question, but do the portable units have
a recording level control? (I have seen analog recorders that use a built in
limiter rather than provide recording level controls.)
   Is it a feature I need to look for, or do all portables have this
control? If indeed they all use a built in limiter for recording, I'll stick
with my home unit for recording and buy a portable player...
   Thanks for your help in advance!!