It has been discussed on this list that lens cleaners are dangerous.  With
the MD, the consensus seemed to be, do not use them.

Any thoughts on using a CD Disc cleaner to solve some CD player and burner
problems?

One CD player skips sporadically, perhaps a random 15-30 seconds then a
skip.  A burner fails to verify lately, where this problem was not in the
past.  I thought it all started with a Toast upgrade.  A tech said to try
cleaning the lens.

If not a CD Disc Cleaner, then I could remove the cover and try cleaning.
What chemical would you use to dissolve any organic residue on the lens.  It
was suggested to use an alcohol.  Isopropyl or Grain?  Or use another
chemical?
Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks, Marc