Hi Marc,

I had the same problem. Both with my CD player and my PC based CD burner. Later
on I also had this problem with my PC based DVD player.

I've used the fluid that comes with photo-camara-lens cleaner kits and a
cotton-tip
to clean all these lenses. But you have to be carefull and very gentil.

Cheers,
Ralph

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It has been discussed on this list that lens cleaners are dangerous.  With
> the MD, the consensus seemed to be, do not use them.
>
> Any thoughts on using a CD Disc cleaner to solve some CD player and burner
> problems?
>
> One CD player skips sporadically, perhaps a random 15-30 seconds then a
> skip.  A burner fails to verify lately, where this problem was not in the
> past.  I thought it all started with a Toast upgrade.  A tech said to try
> cleaning the lens.
>
> If not a CD Disc Cleaner, then I could remove the cover and try cleaning.
> What chemical would you use to dissolve any organic residue on the lens.  It
> was suggested to use an alcohol.  Isopropyl or Grain?  Or use another
> chemical?
> Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Marc

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE
  "For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
   something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination:
   We learned to talk."
                -- Stephen Hawking, later used by Pink Floyd --