I just bought some Memorex 80 min Crystal discs - to use with my Sharp
MD-MS722. I recorded one with about 50 minutes of music - which sounded
fine when I was recording. The first 6 songs sound fine, but after that,
the music starts pausing every once in a while. The weird thing is that
is gets worse and worse as the songs go on, so by the last song, I only
hear like a 1/2 second of sound every 2 or 3 seconds. The time on the
players also moves very slow playing the last song. Is it trying to find
the music??
These are brand new discs, and I recorded them in one shot (it is not
like I moved any songs around or anything). I tried it a second time and
the same thing happened. Also, as a test, I took a 74 min (Memorex) disc
and recorded after the last song that was recorded on the disc (about 50
minutes into the disc), and everything sounded normal (so I know my MD
player/recorder is recording fine).
At this point, I have to assume that it is the minidiscs that are the
problem. Are there known problems with 80 minutes ones, or could it be
my Sharp 722 doesn't handle them correctly?
                 Thanks,
                 Trey