Just wanted to say, as it seems there's quite a few people on the list
rushing out (metaphorically!) to buy these, I've had one for about 8-9
months and have been pretty happy with it.

Mines a UK model (MD-X5H), with the RDS tuner - not that it probably makes
any difference.

The sound is suprisingly good for such a small unit - I also having it
serving the audio digital out from my DVD player in my bedroom, I really got
it as a secondary small hifi and for the novelty / gadget factor of the PS/2
port.

CD -> MD editing is a breeze, and being able to use a keyboard to title
makes it so much easier.

One slight word of caution, though, a few months back, mine started to
suffer with what is a known fault with these units - some problem with the
CD laser assembly. The problem got progressively worse, in that it started
out as occasional problems recognising (TOC reading) CDs - this degenerated
into a situation where it wouldn't recognise any CDs. I had this fixed under
warranty (replaced part) and it has performed flawlessly since.

HTH

Neil