> >  I tried inserting a cleaning disc too but it doesnt even try to clean it,
> >  just spits the disc out with 'ERROR'. Has anybody else had similar
> >  problems with this unit? Is the problem with the optical unit or
> something
> >  else? I would think that if it was a reading error it would give me a
> >  'Disk Error' or something like that like the other md players.
>
> I've got one of these units in my car. Isn't there a reset button available
> if you take the (detachable) front panel, off. Have you tried that? Possibly
> worth a try...

Good point! I forgot all about the reset button.

I got it in working condition again after consulting the service
department, they told me that there are possibly some sensors that are
dirty and/or the unit probably just needs cleaning. They didnt want to do
it for free so I bought a can of high pressure air to clean it myself
(they told me that I'd probably just break it even worse).

At first it did no good but then I tried again more vigorously and
it started working again! Cleaned it with the cleaning disc and
knocked on the wood.. er plastic dash for luck ;).

Cheers,

Joakim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]