Hello

--- Albert Tanone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >

> Nah. I've got a Kenwood portable for that sorta thing.. I'm more
> interested
> in seeing if it's possible to find the proper leads and hack a
> digital out
> on my R30. :)

A while ago someone asked me to look at finding a way of putting an
optical out onto a Sharp 702, and basically I came to the conclusion
that it was way too difficult because :

a. unless you have a circuit diagram there is no way you can work out
where to take the signal from

b. due to miniaturisation (?) you would need a pretty special
soldering iron, a magnifying glass, and an extremely steady hand to
make any modifications at all to the board without reducing it to an
expensive paperweight

c. you would need to make sure that everything is suitbaly screened
and de-coupled to avoid introducing any extraneous noise into the
circuitry, and

d. everything is so tightly packed in these things that you wouldn't
be able to find anywhere to mount the electronics anyway.

Cheers

Ian