Really, it don't make no difference if it is a Sony or a Sharp. or Aiwa,
or Panasonic.  Now if it were the K Mart brand... That might make a
difference, but the good companies will sound justs as good as each
other.  IMHO.

Richard Lang wrote:

> "All other things being equal,
> a disc recorded on a Sharp recorder will sound the same regardless of what
> player is used to play it."
>
> Really??  What about different DA converters?  Different amp stages?
> Different headphones?
>
> I would have thought that ATRAC aside (acknowledging that decoding ATRAC in
> the playback process is the same regardless of the version of ATRAC
> decoder), the D/A converter will have a big impact on sound quality as
> between different units.
>
> richard

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways