* Richard Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 26 Jul 2000
| My understanding of your overall comment was that you meant that if the
| ATRAC version is the same in two different MD players,

No.  If you could take two Sony MZ-R1 units and put an ATRAC 4.5 ASIC in
one of them, and record something on a Sharp MS-722, and play that disc
back in both Sony units, both Sony units will sound identical.  The ATRAC
version in the player has no effect on playback quality.

Differences in playback arise primarilly from differences in ATRAC tuning.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \