I've found the best way to do monaural recording is to unplug one of
the RCA connectors (for a tape recording whichever has the lowest
recording level-- there is generally some discrepancy 'tween channels)
and take it from there.  No L/R interference, easy to set up, worked
fine with an audiobook (better than letting my R3 convert the two
channels into mono).
 ___ ____________________________________________________________ ___
|   |                                                            |   |
| o |============================================================| o |
|   |          Gareth Bell - [EMAIL PROTECTED]           |   |
| o |------------------------------------------------------------| o |
|   |  _____                                 _____               |   |
| o | |  __ \  ____  _  _____  ____  _____  /  ___| _____  ____  | O |
|   | | |__| )|  __)(_)|  _  \|  __)|  _  \ | |  _ (____ \|__  / |   |
|   |   ICQ: 36892193  http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/    |   |
|   |            "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"            |   |