=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

At bitrates of about 192kbps and above, you'll need a decent setup to "hear
the artifacts", assuming with mp3 you used one of the good encoders (the
Fraunhoffer one seems to be considered the best all round coder).

I don't use a decoder (although there has to be one in the unit I guess), I use an
Apex DVD player to play Mp3.  The trick to the Apex is that the drive in it is
actually a computer IDE drive.

That was a pretty smart move.  A regular DVD player uses "standard" DVD drive.
The equivalent of a plain CD player.  But if you put a DVD ROM drive in you will
have the advantages of being about to play MP3 files as well as regular CDs and
DVDs.

You can also use it for CDVs (not sure if I got that letters right).  You can rip
these from DVDs using a DVD ROM drive, CD writer and the right software.  I
understand that it is a long process and hard to master.

I'm told what you end up with is a CD that is about equal to the quality of a VHS
tape.  Hardly seems worth it.  The only reason it will work on a computer is that
DVD ROM drives and CD writers do not have Macrovision, since in theory they are
being used for data.

Larry

 === MIME part removed : text/html; ===